Sunday, November 28, 2004

Stuffed, Fat and Happy

What a way to start my blog :-) But that's exactly how I'm feeling today--stuffed, fat and happy (and still more leftovers in the fridge--joy!). We had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal here with family and friends and now after those few days off (sort of; I went shopping on Black Friday and lived to tell the tale ;-), I get to start a new book!

Since this is the start of the blog, I'd like to tell you what I envision it being. Lots of writers have blogs and have different purposes for their blogs. I hope to write often--maybe not every day, but most days. And I hope to be inspiring to writers while giving information about my books to my readers.

Some of you may have been subscribers to my JumpStart newsletter which was a weekly, then bi-weekly, then even more irregular newsletter filled with writing tips and tricks. It simply got too hard to juggle writing that, my monthly writing column for Write At Home and all my other writing (books and articles, etc.) so that had to go, unfortunately. What I will do instead is share what I know, answer questions and hopefully have some of that same inspiration here where I hope it can reach a wider audience.

To my readers, I'd like to share more of me and let you see a bit inside my writing process. You'll hear more about my life (inevitably ;-) but not so much, I hope, that you run screaming for some Jerry Springer reruns.

And if I find a good shoe sale, I promise to let you all know ;-)

Tonight, I am starting a new book (as soon as I post this, actually) and working from my new recliner in my office (more on that in my next post) on copyedits for my August 2005 Silhouette Romance.

As for dinner tonight...forgive me, my recipe-loving fans, but it was delivered pizza. It's Sunday, after all, and I figured it was a day of rest. Even for the turkey leftovers. :-)

Shirley

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogs! I'm thrilled you're blogging. And look--I'm your very first comment! ;) Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a question for you...
    What do you think of NANO? At first I thought it was a fun idea. Now I'm wondering if it isn't a lot of undue strain and pressure on writers. I know of the success stories that come from NANO, but I'm sure there are a lot more "war stories" than there are successful ones.

    What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:57 AM

    Congratulations on the new blog, though I'm amazed you'll have the time for it! Still, the immediacy of a blog and your friendly, accessible style will suit each other very well.
    Mary E. Gray, Hoyden of Haiku

    ReplyDelete

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!