Sunday, December 05, 2004

Do You Know Where Your Words Are Today?

It's Sunday, a day of rest for many. Believe me, I was tempted to stay on that sofa and do a lot of resting. I'm pretty good at resting. I can curl onto that couch like no one else and get comfy-cozy and be asleep in minutes.

Ah, but there's a book to write and a proposal to start; outdoor Christmas lights that still haven't been hung. Gotta get to it sometime (or find my clone to do it all!)

So here I am, at my computer, working. And guess what, I'm having fun. It's sort of like exercise (except without the pain). Once I get started, I always enjoy myself (with writing, not always the case with running or aerobics, LOL). The new characters are great, they're making me chuckle, and I can't wait to see where the book goes next.

Hopefully it'll surprise me. In fact, it better because that makes it more fun.

If you are a writer and you dream of being published, then ask yourself where your words are today. If you haven't written yet, then set a goal to write 100 words. Just 100. Anyone can write 100--it's not even a full page. Before you know it, those 100 will be done and you'll be looking at 200 words.

200 turns into 2000, turns into 20,000...turns into a whole book. One word at a time, one page at a time.

Heather, I did check out that link and LOVED the fact that a few holiday pounds are good for me! I'm going back for seconds now! :-) If any of you missed that story, here it is: http://newsinfo.iu.edu/tips/page/normal/1735.html

That's it for today, because I'm still 1300 words from my word goal for the day. Have to keep plugging along!

Have a great weekend!

Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!