Saw this on Nattie's blog and thought it was a neat question. If you had an iPod, what five songs would you download onto it?
Well, I have an MP3 player so I already have my five songs :-). But if given the chance, I think I'd update them a bit:
1. "The Goodbye Girl" by Hootie and the Blowfish (I LOVED the remake of this movie, and love the original too. It's the song that gets me :-).
2. "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Johnny Mathis and Ray Charles (actually almost anything from that album! This version and the one sung at the end of ER when Mark Green dies are my two favorite versions).
3. "I Go Blind" by Hootie and the Blowfish (my December '05 book makes great use of that song -- you'll be able to tell I bought the CD during the writing of that book :-).
4. "Fly Me to the Moon" by Frank Sinatra
5. "The More I See You" by Michael Buble (I just found out about this guy after seeing him sing Come Fly with Me on the Starbucks commercial -- LOVE his albums (I bought the first two)).
Speaking of music, I'm going to be hitting garage sales this summer to try and find a copy of the movie soundtrack from "The Marrying Man" and the one from "The Fabulous Baker Boys." Both aren't carried in stores anymore but are big bucks on Amazon and eBay. I am a total fan of Sinatra-type music and love all the songs from that era, plus the remakes of them (like Carly Simon's "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered").
My kids think I'm totally weird for not being into pop music. But, hey, it soothes the savage writer beast, so I don't care if I'm too young for it ;-)