Friday, December 30, 2005

Less of This, More of That

Remember that "Seinfeld" episode where Jerry and Elaine decided to uh...get some side benefits from their friendship? And then, when it became clear that those benefits came with a few costs, they decided not to do "this" or "that".

Well, I did a little bit too much of one this -- eating over the holidays. You all know I love my food :-) and I had made nacho dip, cookies galore (you name a type of cookie and I likely made it. In fact, I think there are still a few dozen in my freezer!), mashed potatoes, stuffing...all the bad stuff I should be avoiding :-)

So, now, it's time for more of that. Less time on the sofa, feigning work because my laptop is turned on, but my hands are busy scooping up some more nachos and dip, and more time upstairs in my office, the room that lacks a food cabinet. Less time sitting and more time moving to help get that nacho lard off my rear.

And less time fretting about whether I wrote enough today; more time celebrating what I did write. Today, I'm going to the mall. Not to shop (okay, I might go to ONE store) but to write, in a different setting, away from the dogs, the kids, the phone. More of that and less of this :-)

And hopefully in time for Spring Break, there will be less of me, LOL.

Shirley

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:21 PM

    Good luck with it. :-) I'm planning the same thing. Diet season has hit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley-

    Good luck with teh weightloss. I've bene working ont hat for the past year!!! Only 25 more pounds to go!!! Thank God.

    And congrats on getting out and finding a new environment to write in. Does that work well? I've done the library and the coffee shop but not the mall....yet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely, a new environment works really well. I do coffee shops often and can't wait till the kids go back to school so I can go back again.


    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shirley. I love Seinfield. Good luck on the diet. I keep saying every year I make that resolution to lose a certain # of pound but every year the number goes up....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am trying the same thing. Too many bowls of Cherry Delight and fudge is really stuck to my hips this year. I think they have now taken up permanent residence. Good Luck Shirley. I am so enjoying "The Dating Game".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't eat chocolate, but love Nachos...the scale broke over the holidays so I guess we are just to eat less and use the treadmill more...LOL

    ReplyDelete

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!