Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A Migraine a Day Keeps the Work Away

Hi all,

As many of you know, I suffer from migraines and for the most part, am able to work around them. This past few months, though, has just been horrible. 90+ migraines between April and end of July, 17 this month alone (that means 11 days with a half-clear head, and for anyone who has had a migraine, you know that you're barely even clear on the days you do have off between).

Anyway, my doctor sent me to a headache clinic, where they gave me a pretty thorough analysis and a change of medications that should (fingers crossed) in two weeks make a big difference. This morning I can tentatively say I think I'll be working. After weeks and weeks of barely working at all, that's a hallelujah day :-)

And given that I've run through virtually every medical and natural option out there, I'm about ready to stand on my head all day if it'll make the headaches stop :-)

So, if you are waiting from something for me, or have an e-mail you sent that I ignored (not on purpose, believe me! The inbox became too overwhelming these last few weeks), please send it on again and know that I'm on the way back to my regular writing schedule :-)

Shirley

2 comments:

  1. I had migraines for a few years and then they disappeared. They were horrid and debilitating. I hope the doctors have found something that works for you. My sympathies....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ellen!

    I'm still feeling pretty cruddy most days. Ugh. But it's only been a week and I'm not the world's most patient patient ;-) so I'll see in a few more days.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!