Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A New Month, a New Book...

I start a new book today, which is always a fun thing to do. And the kids are out of the house, at school, which means I get to write while dipping into their Halloween stash. Though they've gotten smarter, and they've counted their candy bars, so they're going to know if I steal too many. I'll have to find a way to blame it on the dog ;-) Leave incriminating wrappers by his kennel. Smear his snout with chocolate...though chocolate is toxic to dogs, so maybe I'll just use a marker.

Oh, the lengths I'll go to for a Hershey bar.

I just ordered Sugar and Spice from Doubleday Book Club -- the first of my books to get picked up with them. Well, it wasn't picked up because it was mine, it was picked up because of the other three bestseller authors on the cover, but hey, I got to go along for the ride and that alone is pretty darn cool :-). Rhapsody Book Club also has it, which is neat, too.

[A side note: I just happened to glance over at my TV, which is on Martha Stewart's show. She's dressed up as some weird, twisted cat thing today, a day late for Halloween. It's actually quite scary, like what could happen with a science experiment gone horribly awry. Am I the only one that thinks she's oddly goofy like that one nerdy kid in high school who is trying WAY too hard to fit in with the normal kids?].

Okay, so I have to get to work. I have a whole book to write in one month and only so many candy bars I can sneak for fuel. ;-)

This week, too, is my 20th high school class reunion. I may or may not be posting because I'm going out of town for that, and trying really hard to lose 40 pounds in three days so I can look like I did in high school. Yeah, that diet ain't going so well ;-)

Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!