Thursday, October 18, 2007

Patience is Not My Best Virtue


I hate waiting.


And I mean for anything. For Christmas to come. For spring to come (and yeah, I realize it's October so I'm in a little trouble where that's concerned ;-). For dinner to cook. For checks to arrive. For about anything at all.


I even hate waiting for my book to get written. Like, I can see it all now in my head (had a brainstorm last night that just kind of was this huge AH HAH moment) and now I want it done, done right this second so I can read it. I'm just so excited about the story it will be. But darn it all, I have to write every one of those words first and that's going to take some time.


I have devised a plan to give me more time to write and less time spent waiting. Dinner already accomplished by other people. A local meat store sells already prepared dishes for just a little bit more $$ than if you did it yourself (and I'm talking pennies difference here, so it was a no brainer for me). But I realized I have to get in there early or everything is gone, because I'm apparently not the only person in my city that knows they do this (what is it with other people? They can't leave all this for me? Don't they know I'm on DEADLINE?).


So last night was Chicken Breasts stuffed with salami, pepperoni, mortadella and provolone, then sprinkled with a few herbs. Baked at 350 for 40 minutes. It was AWESOME. I could have eaten three of them (but only ate one, I was good). I nuked some carrots and brushed them with butter, nuked up some of that 90-second Uncle Ben's rice and Voila! Dinner was done.


I've got a few other guest blogs left, from people who have actual recipes because there are people out there who are cooking still ;-)


And in the meantime, I CAN'T WAIT FOR HALLOWEEN. Because my youngest still loves me enough to give me all his Reese's candies ;-)


Shirley

Reading: Allison Brennan's The Kill (If you haven't read her, and you love suspense, she is AWESOME)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!