Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Easy Plum and Peach Galette Dessert


I got this one from a past issue of Woman's Day. The original recipe called for nectarines, which I didn't have, but I did have peaches and white plums (from the local farmer's market), which I figured was close enough ;-).
I think it would be great with different kinds of apples, too. Hey, about any kind of fruit. It's SUPER easy.
I didn't really do a whole lot different from the original recipe, except changing the fruit. It does call for that "turbinado" sugar to sprinkle around the edge. If you go out to breakfast at all, just snag one of those "Sugar in the Raw" packets from the sugar holder on the table. That's basically the same thing, and it's just the right amount for this recipe. I have a motley collection of sugars from getting coffee at different places, and I keep them for those guests that only use Sweet-n-Low, or whatever.
My one recommendation with this one -- if you have a family larger than four, I'd make two of these. My family ate the whole thing and wanted more ;-)
Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!