Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Trader Joes and Whole Foods Adventure

Last week, two friends and I went to Indianapolis for the day. I had a doctor appointment down there, and rather than make the two-plus hour drive back and forth by myself like I normally do, I thought it would be fun to take some friends along and make a day of it.

It was a GREAT choice. I had so much fun--and can't wait to go again.

We stopped at Starbuck's on the way down for a quick breakfast (yes, Janet, I ate breakfast ;-), then we mapped out our path:

DSW
Cheesecake Factory for lunch
Trader Joe's
Whole Foods
Home Goods

We made it to all but Home Goods. Probably my fault because once I got into DSW, I was...in heaven. I LOVE LOVE LOVE DSW. I have a hard time leaving, because there are so many beautiful shoes. I want to take them ALL home. Give them a good home, ya know? One where they will be loved and appreciated and worn often.

I found a thousand pairs I loved, but couldn't buy them all ;-) so I stuck to just a few. They were having a huge clearance sale so I was spelling BARGAIN all the way to the register. Actually, all three of us were ;-).

We headed to Cheesecake Factory for lunch, another of my favorite places to go. I had the Chinese Salad for lunch, with the Chinese Plum sauce dressing -- a WONDERFUL dressing that my friend (great friend!) bought a jar of for me. A few days later I recreated the salad at home and it was a huge hit.

Then off to Whole Foods and then to Trader Joes. I was blissfully happy shopping at Whole Foods...my wish list was fulfilled. Lemongrass, quinoa, crimini mushrooms, dried mushrooms, agave, and lots of yummy organic versions of things I use often. At Trader Joes, my friend Marci showed me a great organic almond/oatmeal soap. I bought some and don't think I'll ever buy another brand again. It's super moisturizing and smells fantastic, plus it has the little scrubby power of the oatmeal. LOVE it. I also stocked up on microwaveable steel-cut oatmeal, because I'm trying to be a good doo-bee and do what Dr. Oz advises ;-)

We got lost once, but had so much fun getting lost that we almost wished we could get lost again, LOL. We drove home late in the afternoon, sad that the day had to come to an end. It was so much fun, and we talked about a trip to Shipshewana as soon as we can get our schedules together to go.

This coming week, I start teaching my online class about Taking a Book from Good to Sold -- signup ends today if you're interested (www.writersonlineclasses.com). It's interactive, fun and informative, so check it out if you're writing. You don't have to have a finished book to participate, either -- any stage is great.

Then on Friday I'm off to the Mad Anthony Conference in Hamilton Ohio. That should be a BLAST. The great and smart Lee Lofland will be there, conducting the writers' police academy. If you're going, LMK!

Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!