Saturday, July 04, 2009

Fourth of July Fun



Yesterday we went to Plimouth Plantation and the Mayflower. Did the whole tourist thing, talked to the re-enactors and learned all about the hardships the Pilgrims went through (stuff I learned back in grade school, the last time I toured PP, but I had forgotten since then, of course). It was a beautiful day, and we got to see, as a bonus, one of the tall ships. Had a blast.
Then headed down to Plymouth Beach and saw the fireworks on the beach and bonfires. VERY cool and fun. LOVED it, and LOVED being on the beach. Sigh. Makes me want to move back here.
I took my son down to the beach for about a half hour and just sat on the sand (before it got dark). It was so peaceful and pretty. I really, really love the ocean.
Then I woke up this morning to a nice surprise--Barbara Vey of Publishers Weekly is featuring THE WELL on her blog, with a review from a teen who loved it! a nice way to start a holiday!
Hope you all have a great Fourth!
Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!