Friday, April 16, 2010

What Are You Reading?

Hi everyone,

I'm back from spring break and back at work! I read 6 1/2 books on vacation, along with several magazines. I would have read more if not for that pesky family wanting to DO stuff on vacation, LOL.

Anyway, thought I'd ask "what you're reading" right now.

I just finished Jodi Picoult's "Handle with Care." I love JP's writing but am not always happy with the endings of her books, and this one is in that category. I hate an ending that makes me depressed. But, Picoult is a BRILLIANT writer, with a way of turning language into a song, and there are times when I've reread paragraphs of her work just because I loved the way she worded those sentences.
So, what are you reading right now? A romance? A suspense? Or just the back of the Cocoa Krispies box? LOL.
I've got about twenty-five more books in my To Be Read pile. What I really need is another vacation to get through them all! :-)
Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!