Sunday, August 22, 2010

Lime-Coconut Granita

This one was SUPER easy, SUPER fast and very low in calories (1/2 cup is only 85 calories). That's my kind of dessert :-)
I've never made granita before but now that I know how easy it is, I'll try other combinations. IMO, this also has a great presentation and is the perfect follow-up to a heavy dinner, so I'm putting it on my party menu list.
Lime-Coconut Granita
2 1/2 cups water
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon grated lime rind (I use a microplane)
1/2 cup fresh lime juice (2-3 large limes or 4 small)
1/2 cup lite coconut milk

Put all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves, stirring often. Remove from heat and cool completely. When cool, pour into a 9 X 13" pan. Cover and freeze for 8-10 hours, or until firm. Remove from freezer, let sit on the counter for 10 minutes, then scrape mixture with a fork until fluffy (it looks like sno-cone filler).

I had this as a snack...perfect light treat for those hot days that are still lingering! :-)

Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!