Monday, August 16, 2010

Pork Chops with Bourbon Peach Glaze

Tonight's dinner was quick, easy and tasty. It wasn't OMG awesome like the Spicy Thai Shrimp Salad I had this afternoon or like yesterday's Chicken Cordon Bleu but it was good. And like I said, quick and easy, which after the long day I had (spent almost TWO hours at the Verizon store...ugh), was what I wanted. I did have a cheap bourbon, and having tasted good bourbon, I think I'll toss the cheap stuff and get some good stuff for future dinners...and sipping ;-)
Pork Chops with Bourbon Peach Glaze
4 pork chops (bone-in or boneless, your choice)
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon minced shallot
1 tablespoon minced garlic (about two cloves)
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3-4 peaches, sliced (you can use frozen)
2 sprigs thyme
2 tablespoons bourbon
1 tablespoon butter
In a skillet, heat the oil. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, then pan-fry until browned on each side and nearly cooked through. Remove chops, then add shallot, garlic and cook that for about 30 seconds. Add the broth, and cook another minute. Add brown sugar and peaches and cook until peaches are partly softened. Add thyme. Add bourbon and boil for a minute or two, to help cook off the alcohol. Replace the pork chops in the pan and cook until cooked through (about 5-10 minutes). Remove chops, stir in butter until sauce thickens, then serve over pork chops.

I served this with asparagus that I steamed with a little bit of butter, a 1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest, a dash of salt and the juice of a little less than half a lemon (maybe 1 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice). The asparagus was very yummy :-) and went well with the chops. My son and DH liked it--my daughter who is not a big fan of meat anyway, didn't, LOL.

Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!