Friday, September 03, 2010

Easy Appetizer: Feta Tomato Crostini


Tonight, I was invited to something last minute, and had to figure out what I could bring based on the ingredients I had on hand. I nearly always have crescent rolls, because I know that good ol' Pillsbury website will give me something good :-).

Tonight's appetizer was no different--I did make far more topping than the recipe called for (basically doubled it but tasted as I went and ended up not doubling the olives) and I still had to steal some from this one and that one at the end to make enough for all 16. Very easy, very fast and very good:
Feta Tomato Crostini (click on title for original recipe...below is how I made it)
1 package crescent rolls
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup diced Kalamata olives (black olives; you can buy a small can of them already chopped up)
1/2 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh Basil leaves or 1 teaspoon dried (I used dried; rarely am I out of basil but I was today)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Open crescent rolls and DON'T unroll (I rolled the roll of them back and forth on a cutting board to tighten the roll before cutting). Cut in half, then cut each half in half, cut those halves in half, and so on, to get 16 slices. Spray two cookie sheets with non-stick spray. Lay out the circles, and press them out into 2-inch diameter circles.

Mix 2 tablespoons olive oil and minced garlic in a small bowl. Brush over crescent circles. Put in oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.

Meanwhile, in another bowl, mix remaining ingredients. When crescents are cooked, remove from oven, let cool for one minute, then spoon on topping.

Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!