Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Upside Down Chicken

For all those who think Im a gourmet cook just because I write romantic comedies with recipes, let me assure you I am not :-) I just cooked a chicken last night -- and marinated it -- all upside down. I'm standing there, trying to shave off some breast meat and wondering why I kept hitting bone.

I should not be behind a pilot light, that's for sure. :-)

Anyway, I had to cook it so long that the extra marinade ended up becoming charcoal in the bottom of the pan. However, I had a no-scrub solution: Easy Off Bam, the purple bottle. I whine enough here about bad companies, this time I wanted to tout a really great product (FYI, I found it at Wal-Mart for two dollars less than the grocery store). I get nothing from the folks at Easy Off for saying nice things :-) but wanted to tell you I just love this stuff. Spray it on, let it sit, and in a half hour or so, the stuff comes off. It works way better than the Dawn spray on self scrubber and is a whole lot more fun than scrubbing myself :-)

Tonight's mission is meatballs. DD wants spaghetti and for her, I might even do the homemade sauce, my mom's recipe. We'll see how the writing goes, though. With a book due in a few weeks, sauce in a jar is more and more likely :-)

Shirley

1 comment:

  1. Oooh.. spaghetti sauce is the easiest thing ... it's my staple food! Just don't forget to put a fist full of sugar in the pot to take the overpowering tomato taste out. I usually add a half a cup of salsa for some extra kick... and stewed tomatoes are my favourite in there...

    ReplyDelete

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!