Friday, October 20, 2006

Event Tomorrow -- Lots of Goodies

Tomorrow, I'll be in Kokomo, Indiana for the Grand Opening of the Harlequin Room at Don's Books. If you're anywhere near there, please stop by! I'll have lots of Shirley Jump goodies, too! Pens for all who pick up a book, and drawings for my new Shirley Jump coffee mugs and book lights (you get to choose :-). The mugs are really really cool -- they're a bright blue travel mug, with a recipe on the back. Very neat, and very stylin' (and yes, to my brother who faithfully reads my blog, I'm bringing you one of your very own when I come to visit in a couple of weeks :-).

There's going to be a whole bunch of amazing authors there besides Yours Truly, so it's definitely worth it to come by! Tons of goodies being given away, lots of books being signed, all kinds of events...a good time, for sure. The owner, Robert Holz, is just phenomenal, and super-supportive of authors.

For directions, click here.

If you don't live near Indiana and still want to get autographed copies of my books, please visit Village Books Indiana's website. They handle the shipping of the personalized/autographed copies of my books (you order, I trot myself down to the store, sign and personalize, pop a pen and bookmark in with all orders between here and Christmas, and voila! a cool gift for you or a special someone...what's better than that?).

Off to work on the book that's due at the end of next week!

Shirley

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun!
    If family doesn't end up coming to town, I'll have to make my way up there tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That'd be great, Angela! It goes all day, too, from 12 to 8, so there's plenty of time to stop by! I plan on being there just about all day, except for a dinner break :-)

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope it was a good turn out!
    i wanted to come, but the folks ended up coming and staying longer than i thought!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem! I understand! I left signed books and pens and stuff behind, so you can still get them at Don's!

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!