Thursday, December 07, 2006

Busy Bees and Easy Carrots

I've been SUPER busy this week, helping out at my kids' school, with the Christmas Workshop. That's where all the kids get to come in and shop at bargain prices for their parents. Me and a bunch of other moms shop all year round (clearance sales, bargain sales, etc.) to stock the shelves. That's the really fun part :-), as is helping the little ones.

What's not fun is when the fourth grade boys get into an Axe and Tag cologne spray war and activate a migraine. So not fun. But I'm feeling a little better now.

Here's an Easy Carrot recipe for you. Not that I had easy carrots for dinner tonight :-) I went to a coffee shop and had this AWESOME Thai chicken soup. It had coconut milk and red curry paste in it, for sure, as well as red pepper and eggplant, and some bits of coconut, but I couldn't tell every ingredient, which drove me nuts because I definitely want to make it myself :-) Very good and very filling meal!

Easy Sweet Cinnamon Carrots

2 tablespoons butter
1 pound baby carrots
2 teaspoons sugar (I use Splenda with no problems)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

Melt butter, add carrots and stir until slightly softened. Add remaining ingredients and cook, stirring often, until tender and cooked through. Adjust seasonings as needed to satisfy your own sweet tooth.

See? Easy :-)

Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!