Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Oh yeah, the Beef Stroghanoff Recipe!

I totally forgot to post this, even though it's been on a BRIGHT PINK post-it on my desk.

Lower-Fat and Calorie Beef Stroghanoff (and hey, if I spelled that word wrong, too bad, it's a blog, not a spelling test ;-)

1 lb. beef, cut into 1-inch chunks (I used a cheap cut of steak
2 tablespoons low-fat margarine or butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 can beef broth (whatever the size is that's the smaller one)
1 package onion soup mix
2 small cans sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup fat free sour cream (I like Breakstones the best)
16 ounces egg noodles, cooked (I used whole wheat ones)

Brown the beef on all sides, then remove from the pan. Melt the margarine, add the flour and make a roux. Add salt and pepper, stir in broth gradually with a whisk, boil for one minute until thickened. Add onion soup mix and mushrooms. Re-add beef and re-heat. When noodles are done and beef is done, add the sour cream at the very end, then serve over the noodles. Easy and quick.

If you can't tell already, I'm all about easy and quick dinners ;-) I'm not one to spend ten hours in my kitchen. I have books to write, after all ;-)

Shirley

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:49 PM

    This sounds like a great recipe. I love beef stroganoff!!

    ReplyDelete

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!