Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A New Recipe and Cat Update

You know that pet food recall? Well, guess who had a can of that in her cabinet a week or so ago?

Yep, me. When they expanded the list, I realized my kitty had consumed some of that. Of course, the can was long gone (I'm a recycler, so it was off to wherever things that get recycled go) but I knew when I bought it and what the brand and type was, and when the blood tests came back on my kitty, and I talked to the vet, it all matched up. She's doing much better, but it's a slow recovery, probably because she is so old. But she is loving all the extra attention and not complaining at all about being carried most anywhere she wants to go, instead of having to walk (she can walk, but she meows and bats those cat eyes at the kids...and well, gets queen treatment :-).

Today, the much waited for Sweet Potato Fries recipe. I know, I promised it a million days ago, but I'm on deadline, which means I need a gazillion words in the next week, and I'm pretty much not doing anything that isn't writing. Sorry!

Sweet Potato Fries

4 sweet potatoes, cut lengthwise into thin strips (look for ones all about the same size and thickness, makes it easier)
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (or regular if you don't have kosher. I totally love kosher salt for cooking)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Put all ingredients into a gallon Zip-loc storage bag, close the bag :-), and toss it all around until well mixed and potatoes are well coated. Put the potatoes on the cookie sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, turning once.

These are really yummy. I'm normally a cinnamon and sugar sweet potato kind of gal, but this was a great alternative (and way healthier). I served this with a pot roast and I've also served it with Chicken Marsala (I posted that recipe before).

Enjoy!

Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!