Friday, March 16, 2007

Off to a Signing...

I'm off to the Indiana Flower and Patio show for a two-day signing (I know, it sounds like an odd place for a signing, but there's a bookstore at the event, so I was asked to be there :-). So this will be a quick blog entry before I head down to Indianapolis. If you're down there, I'm signing from 12 to 1:30 and 4 to 5:30 today, then 10 to 12 on Saturday.

My kitty is still not doing too well, but she goes back to the vet tomorrow (DH will take her). She did manage to eat some last night, which was good. I went out and got the Fancy Feast stuff she loves, and the other cat felt very put out that I hadn't spent the money on her and she was stuck with Friskies (given how much the other one eats, she'd be costing me ten bucks a day in canned cat food).

On a Yahoo list I'm on, there's an "On this Day" post every day. And on this day in 1892 - American inventor Jesse Reno patented the first escalator.


Okay, so maybe that doesn't hit you like it does me. But hey, where would the shopping and commuter world be without the escalator? Have you ever climbed a broken escalator? It's a job and a half, let me tell you. Especially when TWO floors have broken escalators (something about them seem worse than regular stairs...are they at a higher angle or something?). Thank you to Jesse Reno, because it means I get to the shoe department just a little bit faster...and that carrying said shoe purchases back to my car is a lot easier ;-)


Shirley

4 comments:

  1. I hope your book signing goes well. Same wiht your kitty, I hope she feels better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it goes well and you have a great time!
    Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shirley,
    Sorry I haven’t been by lately – I ate some bad food 48-72 hours ago and haven been a prisoner on the couch. Feeling a little better now though, at least enough to think somewhat rationally.
    Congrats on the signings – two days, wow!
    With all best wishes to your kitty!
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, shoot I missed it. Guess I need to check blogs more often...

    ReplyDelete

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!