Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Barbecue Chicken With a Twist

Here's the other recipe I tried this week. I thought I was making Alice Springs chicken (the recipe from Outback Restaurant) but then halfway through, realized I wasn't, LOL. So I had to get inventive. It turned out really good all the same.

Barbecue Chicken with a Twist
6 chicken breasts
salt and pepper
1/2 cup barbecue sauce (or more, I don't measure)
1/4 cup red onion, diced
shredded monterey jack cheese

Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken breasts. Brush on barbecue sauce, then sprinkle on red onion. Bake at 375 for 30-45 minutes, until chicken is 165 degrees internally and juices run clear. Top with cheese and bake for another five minutes or until cheese is melted.

That's it! It was easy and very tender. I also put foil in the pan, which made for very easy clean up :-)

Went to the bookstore today and stocked up on new books (I know, I know. Still working on the Tabitha King book. I do want to read it, but there's all these other ones that keep getting in the way ). I bought Joe Hill's Heart Shaped Box...already a WOW.

Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!