Friday, June 22, 2007

Really Something Up on Amazon!


Really Something is available for pre-sale on Amazon already! That's the one I'm really excited about because it's my first non-recipe single title, so it's a nice departure (still a romantic comedy) and because of that, Kensington gave me a REALLY cool new cover. (the cover on Amazon is slightly different because they have the most updated version).

When I get a chance, I'll put an excerpt on my website, too. That might be a while because I've got a million things to do before I go to the RWA conference in July.

Got my new digital camera today. Didn't get the memory card, though (argh...Amazon!) so I can only take eight pictures, LOL. The internal memory isn't much. I need that memory card! Went to Wal-Mart to get one and they didn't carry xD memory cards, which is what the new camera takes. Suffered through Wal-Mart for nothing. I can't stand shopping at Wal-Mart but I am a true glutton for punishment and keep going there. Why I suffer through the lines and horrible customer service, I have no idea. Convenience, I guess. I need another superstore closer to me.

Okay, for dinner tonight -- another new experiment. Had no honey mustard on hand (duh, did not put it on my grocery list AGAIN from the last time I realized I had none) and so I experimented:

Miracle Breaded Herb Chicken

6 chicken breasts, sliced into 3/4 inch strips
3/4 cup Miracle Whip (or thereabouts, I just put a bunch in a bowl)
1 teaspoon Herb and Onion seasoning (Mrs. Dash)
1 cup bread crumbs
3 tablespoons olive oil

Mix Miracle Whip with seasoning. Heat oil in non-stick pan over medium heat. Dredge chicken slices in Miracle Whip and seasoning mix, then in bread crumbs. Fry chicken strips over medium heat, about 5-7 minutes per side, until crispy brown. Put on paper towels to cool (and drain off any excess oil).

They were really tender because of the Miracle Whip (you can use mayonnaise, too. We're just Miracle Whip fans here). Yummy all around. Served it with rice and broccoli.

Oh, and I finished reading Heart-Shaped Box. LOVED the book. Joe Hill can really write! Kept me up till the middle of the night reading it. He definitely has his father's talent. Great book all around.

Shirley


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!