Monday, September 10, 2007

Lenora Worth's Secret Salad Dressing


This one is from Lenora Worth (she of the much cooler shoes in a previous blog post) who has a new book out on Tuesday (very cool, BTW) called Secret Agent Minister. Check out the book! It's a great read! And if you can ever meet Lenora, she's an awesome, fun person who has an incredible fashion sense :-).


I make a salad dressing that my husband calls “Lenora’s secret salad dressing.” It’s not that much of a secret, but he thinks it is. He even called me once when I was in New Orleans at a writers’ conference to find out how to make this salad dressing.
I had to laugh at the desperation in his voice, but I gave him my secret salad dressing recipe over the phone. And since my husband is very detailed-oriented and organized, he wrote it down word for word and measured precisely. I didn’t have the heart to tell him that I mostly just “eye-balled” the recipe every time I made the dressing.

My husband and I remind me so much of the characters of Pastor Devon Malone and Lydia Cantrell in my September Love Inspired Suspense from Steeple Hill. In the “Secret Agent Minister”, Pastor Dev is detailed and organized and very unassuming. His church secretary Lydia Cantrell is the same and she’s also in love with the very single, very handsome minister. She believes with all her heart that one day they will marry. So imagine her surprise when someone tries to kill them and they have to go on the run together. Lydia soon realizes that mild-mannered Devon Malone has a whole secret past and that he is anything but unassuming. The calm, caring minister has to turn into a calm, cool secret agent who has to fly into the mist and “eye-ball” things in order to save the woman he loves.

We all have secrets we hold back, maybe because we’re afraid of being judged or we think others will frown on our pasts. But sometimes it’s okay to reveal those secrets and just eyeball the situation, hoping for the best. We know that real friends and those who truly love us will accept us, flaws and all, because that is part of the spice of life. We are each made up of our own secret recipe, and sometimes we’re put to the test just as my dear Pastor Devon was in “Secret Agent Minister”. What’s your secret? Now about that secret salad dressing recipe! Here it is:

Lenora’s Salad Dressing

½ cup olive oil
½ cup balsamic vinegar
1 small clove crushed garlic (or ½ teaspoon garlic powder)
1 teaspoon sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
A squeeze of lemon juice

Mix all the ingredients and shake or stir until oil and vinegar are well mixed. Serve over salad or pasta.


I hope you enjoy this recipe. It does shake things up a bit.

Lenora Worth


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!