Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Rachelle Chase's Cream Cheese Pound Cake

Rachelle has got my two favorites in one here. Dessert and cheese. Cream Cheese Pound Cake totally sounds awesome, like a cheesecake you can all healthy because it's a pound cake and pound cakes are healthy, right? I just skipped over the word fattening in the blog. Didn't read it. If I didn't see it, then it didn't apply ;-) Later this week, I'll be sharing one of my recipes, too. A Mexican recipe that's really easy to make and is pretty flexible, too. I found a way to lower the calories and still make it taste great. (I made it two weeks ago, then lost the scrap of paper with my recipe, LOL, but found it when I cleaned house yesterday, so now I can post it).


Anyone who knows me, knows about my addiction to: (1) caffeine (in the form of coffee) and (2) dessert. Most often, the two go hand-in-hand for me. Especially after dinner. So, it should come as no surprise that the recipe I’m sharing is a dessert – and, one of my favorites. And nor should it come as a surprise that it is f-a-t-t-e-n-i-n-g, as lowfat seems to be a 4-letter word in my vocabulary. Here it is:

Cream Cheese Pound Cake

2-1/4 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
½ lb. cream cheese
½ lb. butter
1-1/2 c. sugar
4 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. grated lemon rind
1 or 2 Tbsp. rum, brandy or cognac
Powdered sugar

Sift flour with the baking powder and set aside. Cream the cheese and butter until well blended. Add the sugar and beat until light. Beat in the eggs and flavorings. Add the flour mixture last, blending it carefully. Turn batter into a buttered 10-inch tube pan or Bundt pan and bake at 325 degrees for 75-80 minutes, or until cake tests done. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a rack to finish cooling. Dust with powdered sugar while warm.

Not only does this cake taste great plain, with coffee, it makes a great cake for Strawberry Shortcake. Simply slice strawberries, add a bit of water and sugar, and refrigerate so the liquid forms a syrup, then spoon over slices of the pound cake. Add a dollop of fresh whip cream for even more fattening calories.

Lately, I’ve taken to snacking on this as I surf the Internet, looking for sexy hunks to enter my contest – I’ve got an online contest where men are competing to be Derek Mitchell, the hero of my book, Sex Lounge, going on at http://www.findingderek.com/ . I’ve discovered that pound cake and eye candy mix quite well. ;-)

Thank you so much for having me as a guest on your blog, Shirley. It’s been fun!

Best,
Rachelle

============
Rachelle Chase
Join the chase at: http://www.rachellechase.com/
Chase Derek at: http://www.findingderek.com/
SEX LOUNGE, Kensington Aphrodisia - Available Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!