Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Butterscotch Banana Pancakes

These were so good, we had them two days in a row :-). In fact, if they weren't so fattening, I'd make them EVERY SINGLE DAY. I think I'll get some apples and try them with apples, too. I may even get some more Splenda Brown Sugar and bring down the calorie count that way. I have got to find a way to have these. All the time. ;-)

Rachael Ray had the original recipe. I adapted and tweaked to make them less work and more fitting what I had on hand.

Butterscotch Banana Pancakes

Buttermilk Pancake Mix (the kind that requires nothing but water to make pancakes)
1 cup brown sugar
pinch salt
2 tablespoons water
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sour cream
2 bananas, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup peanuts, chopped

Make 8 pancakes, according to directions. In a medium saucepan, cook the brown sugar and salt, along with the water, until sugar is dissolved and bubbly. Stir in the butter until melted. Add sour cream (I know, it sounds weird, but you don't taste it, and it makes the sauce creamy). Stir in bananas and nuts, until well coated and warmed. Serve over pancakes. Serves 4.

This is decadent. And SO YUMMY. I have done baked apple pancakes before, but those require getting up earlier than everyone else and WAITING. I'm not good about that early in the morning ;-). My kids LOVED these and requested them again the next morning. Good thing I had more bananas!! :-)

Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!