Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Working...working


This month, I'm workng like crazy, which means I don't have the time to do the cooking that I love to do :-( Probably a good thing for my waistline, but not a good thing for my blog readers who are probably looking for some great recipe tips.


My recipe tips this month? Bertolli's frozen meals, ready to cook. They're actually pretty awesome. I made the Sausage and Rigatoni one the other day, and have made the Garlic Shrimp and Cherry Tomato one, as well as the Steak and Portabello Mushroom one. Loved all three. They're easy to make, darn high quality considering they're frozen food, and they have a nice variety that's a bit out of the standard fare.


There's also the Joy of Cooking frozen meals. These ones are a little pricier than other brands, but wow, the ones I've tried have been fabulous. Whenever they go on sale, I pick up a couple. Both the sides and the entrees have been hits in my house.


And the best part? If you get the cooking done really fast, and stash the bags the food came in down in the trash, no one will know you didn't make these dishes from scratch ;-).


Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!