Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cinnamon Honey Roasted Butternut Squash

I love butternut squash--love all kinds of squash, actually--but my family (especially the kids)...not so much, LOL. Same with asparagus. I could eat it every week, but my kids would rather not.

Then I saw a recipe for cinnamon honey roasted butternut squash, and thought about adding asparagus and pecans to that recipe. How yummy would that be? VERY, it turns out. I loved it, DH loved it and one of the two kids did (the other one was just being grumpy, I think, because she's getting a cold). Anyway, it's SUPER simple and would make a good Thanksgiving side dish.

Cinnamon-Honey Roasted Butternut Squash


1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
1 bunch asparagus, chopped (I don't use the last three or four inches of the stalks; too bitter, IMO)
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. I microwaved the squash chunks until they were fork tender (because otherwise this dish would bake for an hour). Drained them, then added the asparagus and pecans. Mix the sauce ingredients, then mix with the vegetables. Roast for 20 minutes (or until everything is tender).

That's it! Very easy, and I loved it so much, I had more for lunch today :-)

Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!