Friday, October 23, 2009

Quick and Easy and Yummy: Soup

Last night, I wanted something quick and easy and good for my daughter's cold. I love soup, particularly nice hearty soups, and opted to make the Tomato Tortellini I have made before. DD really wanted chicken noodle, but homemade chicken noodle isn't exactly a speedy soup, LOL. So I promised that for next week.

With the Tomato Tortellini Soup, I didn't have any fresh basil on hand, but did have these cool frozen chopped basil cubes I bought at Trader Joe's (I LOVE THAT STORE. Why won't they bring one to my city? And while they're at it, a Whole Foods. SIGH). They worked out great.

So if you're looking for something quick and easy, try this soup. One tip--if you want the soup to look red and tomato-y at the end, reserve the tomato sauce and cream until after you have blended the soup, then add them. It'll add that extra boost of red that gets blended in when you whirr up the spinach.

Enjoy!

Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!