Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Grilling Tonight :-)


I know, I know, I haven't been here in a while. Sorry! In the summer, I don't cook as much--it's mainly just easy stuff on the grill (we travel a lot in the summer too, so it's simply a matter of not being here either :-) I had a couple favorite recipes that I wanted to share today. Simple, easy, and uses some of the bounty from the garden :-)


I made grilled chicken tonight--did a dry rub on it and let it set for a half hour, then cooked it and basted it at the end with barbecue sauce. Totally delicious. If I get a chance, I'll post that recipe another day (I forgot to take a picture of it). I served it with this cilantro-lime grilled corn and a tomato salad. The corn is really yummy and super easy, and good even off the cob :-)


Cilantro Lime Corn


1 stick butter (or margarine)

1/2 lime, zested and juiced

1 teaspoon salt

dash cayenne pepper

1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped

8-10 ears of corn, shucked


Tear off enough pieces of foil for all your corn and either preheat the grill or the oven to 400 degrees F. Mix the butter, lime juice and zest, salt, cayenne and cilantro in a bowl. Reserve a couple tablespoons of the butter for after the corn is done. Take the rest and rub it all over the corn, then wrap each ear tightly in foil and either grill or bake for about 25 minutes. Delish!



Tomato Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette


Dressing:

2 tablespoons olive oil

2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

1 teaspoon dijon mustard

1 clove garlic, minced

1/2 teaspoon sugar

1/4 teaspoon oregano


Salad:

1 cup lettuce

3 tomatoes, sliced thin

1/4 cup minced red onion or Vidalia onion

1/4 cup minced fresh basil

1/4 cup feta


Mix all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl with a whisk. Assemble the salad, then drizzle with the dressing. Serve immediately. Easy and delicious...and super healthy!


Enjoy! Tell me, what's your favorite thing to grill?


Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!