Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Mexican Chicken and Books

Last night, I made one of my favorite dinners (something I think I have posted here before), one of those ones that is definitely low-carb and not low-fat :-). I served it with the Easy Cinnamon Carrots that I've posted in the recipes before, too.

Oops, no, I haven't posted the chicken before (I just did the search thing -- have you seen that? It's the little box at the top left. Very handy thing).

Shirley's Mexican Chicken

6 boneless chicken breasts (to be honest, the frozen Tyson ones work best for this)
8 ounces cream cheese
salt and pepper
8 ounces shredded Mexican cheese
6 slices bacon, cooked

1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup ranch dressing

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover a cookie sheet with foil. Lay chicken breasts on foil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then smear with cream cheese (I slice it and put it evenly on the chicken breasts). Bake for 25 minutes. Remove, sprinkle with Mexican cheese, then cut bacon in half and put one slice of bacon (i.e. two halves) on each chicken breast. Finish cooking chicken until it reaches 165 degrees (depends on how thick your chicken breasts are, maybe another 15 minutes).

In a separate bowl, mix salsa and ranch dressing. Serve on the side as a dip for the chicken.

This is SUPER easy and very good. I've served it to company and even they liked it Last night, to the non-low-carb kids, I served it with rice and corn. For me, I had a salad and a few carrots (left over from the night before).

On my other blog, for booksellers and librarians, I have some bookstore and library stories, too. Check it out, if you have time!

Have a great day!

Shirley

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:15 PM

    That sounds yummy girl!
    Tiff
    http://www.xanga.com/neuroticfitchmom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this for supper tonight...it was sooo delish! I never thought about mixing salsa with ranch before...but duh, one of my fav salad mixes has a salsa ranch. I'm clueless sometimes. Thanks for sharing this, it was so so easy and pleased the bebes!

    ReplyDelete

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!