Monday, September 24, 2007

Back at the Blog...

Okay, so I did not drop off the face of the earth...

Though it sure felt like it! I still have some guest blogs to post. I got too busy to even post those. Between migraines and kids and deadlines, my life became one revolving hamster wheel of trying to get what I needed to get done, done, and then get some sleep and get the kids out the door and try to have some semblance of a life (oh, what the heck is that?). And eat. Yeah, I do like that :-).

It's funny. On the days when you think you'll have the most time, you always have the least. Like the last two weekends. Those were dedicated weekends, dedicated to getting the books done, making those deadlines. Ha ha. Did not happen, not hardly. DH and I are sort of house-hunting, sort of not. What we're doing is house planning, really. We know we want to build a house next year, so we're visiting a lot of houses, getting an idea of what we like and what we don't like, looking at different builders (and there are a LOT of them!), looking at different places in the area where we live and judging how far they are from where he works, where the kids go to school, how busy they are during the day, etc.

It's an exhausting deal. Almost makes me want to stay where I am. Almost. Then I walk into one of these new houses, and see the shiny new BIG kitchen, and think about my too-tiny for two people kitchen, and think about my garage that doesn't even fit my car, and realize no way am I going to stay where I live. My house isn't awful, just too small.

I think my furniture grows when I sleep. I swear it does. Because when we bought this house ten years ago, it was plenty big enough. Then one day, it just wasn't. Now we need almost double the space. Either that or half the people, LOL.

My daughter, whose birthday is in four days, has been hoping we could move before then. Uh, no. She really was rooting for a birthday party in the new place. She didn't quite get the whole house hunting/mortgage/moving process. She thinks we just can't make up our minds fast enough. She's very frustrated with us as parental figures. But she's allowed--she's in high school, after all, so I'm supposed to be a total disappointment for the next few years.

Anyway, I had four things due at the same time, two of them are done, so now I'm down to a much more manageable two. That means I have more time to do the web stuff, like my blog :-).

Oh, and I just started reading Allison Brennan's suspense trilogies (started with The Prey). I don't know what planet I've been living on to have missed these for so long, especially when I'm a huge fan of authors like Tami Hoag and Lisa Gardner, but if you love suspense like that, definitely check her out!

Shirley

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:07 PM

    I missed you! How strange, it must be the time of year for every to be running around crazy trying to get everything done! Good luck with the house venture...have you built before? I did once, the ex has the house now..arrgh! But it was fun, scary and difficult all at the same time. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't built before, so I'm kind of wondering whether I really want to do it, LOL. I have heard the horror stories! So it all depends on what's out there when we actually go to build or buy. The builder that we so far have liked the best says the model that we like is scheduled to be built in the spring anyway, and in a place where we like, so that might work out just right. Or maybe someone will just move and sell me a dream house, LOL.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!