Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Cookie Avoidance

The cookie jar is my enemy.

DH and I have just finished booking our Spring Break vacation. On a beach, of course, which means a bathing suit. And there are some pounds on me that totally WILL NOT look good in a bathing suit. Or on a beach, or in a rear view to anyone else on that beach. We're also thinking about taking the kids to California for a couple weeks and visiting Huntington Beach. My daughter loves shopping at Hollister, and knows about the live-feed camera in there, so we've been watching "Ocean Force: Huntington Beach" a lot lately, and well, everyone on that show is...

Too darn thin.

I blame the cookies.

See, I tried really hard NOT to have the cookies. I didn't bake a SINGLE Christmas cookie this year. Not one. And that, my friends, created a craving for Christmas cookies that was unmatched in the craving world. I saw them on TV, on magazine covers, in other people's hands and all I could think about, all I could dream about...

Was cookies.

So everywhere I went, I bought a Christmas cookie. And not little ones, but big ones. You know how they say the average person gains 2-8 pounds over the holidays? Well, I'm an overachiever. I gained 10.

Darn cookies.

That, on top of the 20 still left to lose from before (hey, I had taken off almost everything from before...almost) and now there's another 10. Ugh. Back into the fat jeans. I only have one pair left because I've whittled myself down to the one, refusing to go back up to that size that will not be named.

Last night, I sat here and watched "National Body Challenge." Eating cookies. I know, I know. This is a BAD addiction. Dr. Phil, and all the other experts, would say to throw all the cookies out. Rid my home of the temptation, surround myself with an environment of success, yada-yada. Poor cookies never did anything wrong, except get baked. And what if I need an emergency sugar rush?

Sigh. I suppose this means no more cookies for breakfast, huh? I'll have to figure out something else that goes with coffee ;-)

Shirley
Reading: One Door Away from Heaven by Dean Koontz
and Vanish by Tess Gerritsen

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:45 PM

    IF I could eat cookies, I would be in the same situation. For me right now its the chocolate. Lots of chocolate came my way over the holidays...not good. So not good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There has to be a way to balance your love of cookies into a healthy diet. The universe can't be that cruel as to have great tasting food and make it bad for us. Why have taste buds? Search for better-for-you cookies. They have to exist. I refuse to believe that the universe can't find balance in my chub.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:58 PM

    I ended up stocking small treats in the cupboard, ones I could eat slowly so I felt like I ate a lot more than I did. It's amazing how long I can make a couple of squares of dark chocolate last. Or a cherry cordial. But cookies? You can't space out that kind of eating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Granola is crunchy like a cookie and Bear Naked makes sum yummy flavors! (All natural and they have low sugar types as well.)
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!