Saturday, April 19, 2008

I Got Tagged...

My friend Mel tagged me and now I'm it :-).

The idea, I guess (since I've never done this before) is to write six random things about myself and then tag six other people. Since my husband thinks half my conversations are random, LOL, this should be easy. First, the rules:

Tagging Rules:
a. Link to the person who tagged you.
b. Post the rules on your blog.
c. Write six random things about yourself.
d. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
e. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment at their blog.
f. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.

Okay, and here's my six Random Thoughts:

1. My favorite "I've got the flu and just want to watch a movie" movie is "Pretty Woman." 've probably seen it three dozen times. That and "Clueless" and all those other chick flicks that just make me laugh and feel good.

2. I'm a total reality TV junkie. "Intervention," "Jon & Kate Plus 8," "Little People, Big World," "Groomer Has It," "Split Ends," "Scott Baio is...", you name it, I'm probably watching it. I haven't gotten into the "Project Runway" type shows yet, thank goodness, but I've found all the other ones. I've even been reduced to the "My Fair Brady...Maybe Baby" show on VH-1. I know, I know, it's trash TV. But I get sucked into the lives of those people on "Celebrity Rehab" and I just have to know if Brigitte Nielson gets her life back together.

3. I sing along in the car. Loudly. And very badly. I can't sing for beans, but that doesn't stop me when I'm alone.

4. I have no natural rhythm. And when I say no, I mean ABSOLUTELY ZERO. I can't even clap along to a song. I have to follow other people and if I take my eyes off them for even a second, I'm a mess, clap-clapping in some weird other rhythm. I'm a musical mess. You can't take me anywhere ;-)

5. If I had my druthers, I'd buy a new pair of shoes every day of the week. I LOVE shoes. Love them in a way most people love chocolate. Okay, so I love chocolate, too. Hey, I'm a writer. I'm a passionate person.

6. I have become one of those people who takes her little dog everywhere and dresses her up. But Sophie is so darn cute, you can't help but do that. Yesterday at the coffee shop, two big, tough-as-nails Harley guys were cooing over her like she was a new baby. And that was when she had on her pink sailor dress and pink bow ;-).

And my tags are going to:

1. Melissa McClone
2. Linda Goodnight
3. Janet Dean
4. Diane McDilda
5. Trish Wylie
6. Holly Jacobs

I picked a pretty eclectic group of writers, so click on over to all their blogs! You'll find romantic comedy authors, hearth and home authors, a green living author, an inspirational author...something for everyone!

Shirley

5 comments:

  1. Okay, I did it!

    http://melissamcclone.blogspot.com/2008/04/tag-im-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley,

    Loved your post...and love that you love your dog. I think that it happens when our kids get too big to cuddle. I'm totally head-over-heels for Ethel and Ella! Just got back from RT and alas, couldn't take them there with me! LOL

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally did it Shirley! Flipping silly deadlines getting in the way....

    http://www.trishwylie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirley, this is such a cool idea! Can I borrow it?

    The Wedding Planner series sounds wonderful, BTW. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure, Liz! Go ahead and use it!

    And thanks to all who tagged too!

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Share a recipe or thought, and remember to visit www.shirleyjump.com to read about Shirley's latest book!